First, when it comes to fat loss there is a hierarchy of effectiveness that must be approached in this order to achieve results.
Top 5 Fat Burning Nutrition – Guide
1. Nutrition – it all starts here, if your nutrition is not spot on 90% of the time it is near impossible to see results. Basically, it all becomes like playing the lottery, there is slight chance you may win, but 99.9% of the time your not. Using an meal plan for extreme weight loss can be the right choice for you.
2. Nutrition – yes it’s that important! 80% of results is nutrition.
3. Resistance Training/Metabolic Interval Training – you can’t out exercise bad nutrition, but once the eating side is on resistance training with some metabolic interval training is the most effective form of exercise for fat loss and to change the way your body looks. (4 times per week)
4. Low Intensity Interval Training – after 4 days of Resistance Training/Metabolic Interval Training has been done, next on the list is Low Intensity Interval Training. This is basically 30-40 minutes of extended cardio activities done at varying paces, but not at maximal capacity.
5. Steady-State Cardio Training – last on the list is Steady-State Cardio Training, unfortunately this is were most people start, but is least effective to lose fat and change your body. High amounts of this activity will actually slow your metabolism and cause you to gain fat over time. Therefore, this should not be done if you are not getting in 4 Resistance Training/Metabolic Interval Workouts per workout.
Composition of a Customized Meal Plan:
Okay, now on to the fat burning nutrition. You need to each 5-6 meals per day, every 2.5-3 hours, in order to keep your metabolism running high and burning fat. Check out a customized meal plan. Eating less frequently causes your metabolism to slow and your next meal to be stored as fat. Each meal you eat needs to follow 6 simple guidelines:
1. Include a Protein
2. Include a vegetable or a fruit
3. Include a glass of water
4. Only include a starch if it’s at Breakfast or within 2 hours of completing your workout.
5. Drink a Recovery Shake immediately after each workout. This will provide your body with the nutrients needed to build and repair muscle and keep the metabolism running high. If your body is not provided with these nutrients it needs after the workout it will go to the muscle tissue to get them and use the muscle for energy slowing the metabolism.
6. Eat real foods and stay away from processed and packaged foods.